ISSLS Research Grant Sponsored by Taisho Pharmaceutical
Purpose: To promote research in the lumbar spine.
Description: The research proposal can be in either basic science, biomechanics, or clinical field. The principal investigator must be a current ISSLS member. The research proposal will be judged on significance, quality of the hypothesis, experimental protocol, and feasibility. Projects that intend to use the ISSLS funding to lead to other larger funding sources are encouraged but must have a strong plan for further funding. The winning proposal will get a $20,000.00 award. The principal investigator must be less than 45 years of age. At least one investigator must be an ISSLS member. The research funds can not be used as salary for any of the investigators. The recipient will provide a progress report to the research committee in writing prior to the annual meeting and make a presentation during the annual meeting.
ISSLS Research Grant Sponsored by Taisho Toyama Pharmaceuticals for $20,000 each year
Research Grant Committee:
Secretary of ISSLS – Kazuhiro Chiba (Chairman)
ISSLS President – Teija Lund
1st Vice President – Tom Oxland
2nd Vice President – Mamoru Kawakami
Scientific representatives - Wilco Jacobs, Cornelia Neidlinger-Wilke and Kazuhiro Hasegawa
- Background, identification of critical lack of knowledge, Preliminary Data, Significance, Hypothesis, Specific Aims: 2 page limit
- Detailed Experimental Protocol to achieve each specific aim with expected findings and possible interpretations, pitfalls: 5 page limit
- Further funding plans: 1 page limit
- Reference: No limit
- Brief biography indicating the qualifications to perform the research of Principal Investigator and all Co-investigators (1 page limit per person).
- CV of PI and Co-investigators should be included.
E-mail the application to the ISSLS Administrative office firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications: February 28, 2018