Call for applications for the 2023 ISSLS Clinical Travelling Fellowship, sponsored by Nippon Zoki of Japan.
The ISSLS Clinical Travelling Fellowship is open to junior faculty members (in practice for fewer than 10 years) from any country or part of the world. It is judged by the ISSLS Fellowship Committee, who review each application and make a decision, which is based on merit and qualifications, with an emphasis on scholarly activities and clinical experience. The winner will be announced during the Fellowship Ceremony at the ISSLS Annual Meeting in Melbourne, Australia in May 2023.
Deadline for applications: February 28, 2023
Please provide the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference from active ISSLS members
- Invitation letter from the ISSLS member you wish to visit during your fellowship (one member: one to four weeks)
- A description of the reasons for seeking the fellowship that includes:
- The candidate’s background, training, practice type and hospital(s) appointment(s)
- Identified goals of the fellowship and post-fellowship plans.
Following completion of Fellowship
The recipient must prepare a report for submission to the ISSLS Fellowship Committee and attend the ISSLS Annual Meeting in Milan in 2024 to present their report at the Fellowship Ceremony.
Deadline for application: February 28, 2023 23.59 (11.59pm) Hawaii time. Send completed application documents to email@example.com
Previous Fellowship winners
The 2020 ISSLS Clinical Travelling Fellowship was awarded to Dr Peng Yin from the Department of Orthopaedics, Beijing Chao-Yang Hospital, China. He will visit Dr Richard Guyer at the Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas, USA. Due to the COVID-19 panedemic and associated travel restrictions, Dr Yin will complete his fellowship when international travel is again possible.
- 2020 – Peng Yin, Department of Orthopaedics, Beijing Chao-Yang Hospital, China, visiting Richard Guyer, Texas Back Institute, Plano, USA,
- 2019 – Shashidhar Bangalore Kantharajanna, Bangalore, India, visiting Christoph Siepe, Munich, Germany Read the report
- 2018 – Xiao-Long Chen, Beijing, China visiting Ashish Diwan, Sydney Australia Read the report
- 2017 – Gianluca Vadalà, Italy, visiting Daisuke Sakai, Japan Read the report