The 2020 ISSLS Clinical Travelling Fellowship: sponsored by Seoul Chuk Hospital went to Dr Peng Yin from the Department of Orthopaedics, Beijing Chao-Yang Hospital, China. He will visit Dr Richard Guyer at the Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas, USA. Due to the COVID-19 panedemic and associated travel restrictions, Dr Yin will complete his fellowship when international travel is again possible.
There is currently no funding for this award. Therefore, we are not able to offer the ISSLS Clinical Travelling Fellowship in 2022. We hope to obtain further sponsorship in the future. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you or your organisation would like to sponsor this award. Further information about the ISSLS fundraising campaign can be found here.
The ISSLS Clinical Travelling Fellowship is open to junior faculty members (in practice for fewer than 10 years) from any country or part of the world. The Fellowship Committee decides on the recipient of the award at the ISSLS Annual Meeting. Applications are judged on merit and qualifications, with an emphasis on scholarly activities and clinical experience.
Please provide the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference from active ISSLS members
- Invitation letter from the ISSLS member you wish to visit during your fellowship (one member: 1-4 weeks)
- A description of the reasons for seeking the fellowship that includes:
- The candidate’s background, training, practice type and hospital(s) appointment(s)
- Identified goals of the fellowship and post-fellowship plans.
Following completion of visit
The recipient is to prepare a report following completion of the one month visit, for submission to the ISSLS Fellowship Committee. The recipient will also participate in the ISSLS Annual Meeting in the year following.
Send completed application documents to email@example.com
Previous Fellowship winners (sponsored by Seoul Chuk Hospital)
- 2020 – Peng Yin, Department of Orthopaedics, Beijing Chao-Yang Hospital, China, visiting Richard Guyer, Texas Back Institute, Plano, USA,
- 2019 – Shashidhar Bangalore Kantharajanna, Bangalore, India, visiting Christoph Siepe, Munich, Germany Read the report
- 2018 – Xiao-Long Chen, Beijing, China visiting Ashish Diwan, Sydney Australia Read the report
- 2017 – Gianluca Vadalà, Italy, visiting Daisuke Sakai, Japan Read the report